Tips on how to upgrade the house for aging owners
Time is passing by and no one can escape it’s firm grip. So as the house owners. Allowing them to feel in their houses good for as long as possible is one of the architectural challenges for 21st century. In this article we will give you some advices on how to prepare a house for aging family.
- Install hand bars. It may sound silly, but it’s probably the most crucial point. You can choose a stylish hand bars, which will also add some ambience to the place. Don’t you dare forget about hand bars on the staircases!
- Level handles instead of doorknobs. It’s another simple, but great trick which will make your house more suitable for the aging people.
- Light fixtures with place for another light bulb. In case one of the light bulbs goes down, you won’t have to seek in dark for replacement. Easy, right?
- Widen your doorways. Just so the wheelchair can easily fit there. You never know what’s gonna happen when you will get old.
- Hand bars in the toilet. You can be joking right now about it, but trust me, this may save you some very embarrasing moments. Don’t forget about shower!
- Keep driveway, walkways and patio level and without a cracks with concrete repair Bolingbrook contractors to eliminate any tripping hazards.
Hope you will make a good usage of those tips. For more info, contact us!
Stay tuned for more posts!